Friday, April 18, 2008

So I decided to start a blog

With all the momentum behind social networking and this blog thing not really turning out to be just a fad, I was persuaded to start a blog of my own. I started using Twitter recently and figured that if I could post comments to that on a regular basis, then the next evolutionary step is blogging. My main concern was that I didn't want to be one of those people that start a blog and then have infrequent and intermittent posts once every few months or so. I've been using e-mail since before any of my friends in high school even had the internet (around 1992) and my Hotmail account was created before they were bought by Microsoft. Back then there weren't alot of web pages compared to what there is now and there was actually a book called Internet Yellow Pages which surprisingly enough they still sell today. I have 7 e-mail accounts and use 5 different IM services.

On the horizon for my upcoming technology considerations and/or learning are Mac (haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet), Network Attached Storage device, SQL (Oracle & MySQL), PHP, and Apache (not necessarily in that order). So this is my first blog posting. I'm going camping with my 2 older daughters for one night without Mom then perhaps I'll have more to blog about tomorrow.

2 comments:

Dave said...

hey awesome!
those colors look sharp.

welcome to the blogosphere

signed,
some guy who made a post 5 months ago then got side-tracked :)

Norm said...

Welcome to the world of blogs! saw your tweet on your timex watch. Decided what you want to get? I just picked up the timex icontrol. I can control my ipod with it, i've found it pretty handy.