Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Microsoft, Not Cool

In a recent IM session with Akula...

Doug : Tell me, is Windows 7 a compelling upgrade so far?
Akula: Nope.
Akula: maybe if you're running XP.
Akula: But if Vista runs well for you, there are very few changes.
Akula: MS should give it away for free to Vista users
Doug : yeah, as an apology recompence
Akula: Vista, since SP1, is quite decent.
Akula: Pre SP1 it was horrible.
Doug : For all those people who say "I'm a PC", isn't a Mac really just a type of PC?
Akula: I don't get that campaign at all.
Akula: I'm a PC? It's likesaying, "I'm not cool"
Doug  : me either, and it's longer than most commercials too
Doug  : Yeah, it's getting to be like saying "I'm a PC" is synonymous with those people that say "I still use postage stamps", "I don't know how to set the time on my VCR (What's a DVR?)", "I only shop at brick & mortar stores", "I use 35mm film for everyday photos", "I play all my music from original cd's", "Velcro shoes are awesome."
Akula: LOL
Akula: Very true. You'd have a good blog post there.
Doug  : let it be done

Now tell me why a company ran by an excited, sweaty, bald man who apparently doesn't know anything more about Facebook than what he's been told, wouldn't be cool.

No comments: