Sunday, January 25, 2009

2008 reflection

Taking a page from LaDawn's blog, I shall attempt to answer some questions that take a look back at the last year.  

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got my Technicians Ham radio license then upgraded to General

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I've never really hopped on this bandwagon and subscribed to this though I try to continue to learn new things, go to new places, and be better than I was before.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Lynelle had her first baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, I think I would have remembered that.

5. Where did you travel?
Besides going to Seaside, Oregon and some camping trips, the big one was driving to Yellowstone National Park.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More patience, understanding, positive attitude, and wisdom.  

7. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year?
Probably the answers to 1 and 5 above.

8. What was the best thing you bought?
My camera, Canon Xsi DSLR

9. Whose accomplishments merited celebration?
Sara for starting Kindergarten, Jennifer for reading many books, being a great speller, & loving math problems, and Anna for graduating from diapers to underwear.

10. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm going to side with LaDawn on this one and reference many of the political ads.

11. Where did most of your money go?
I ask myself this all the time.  Mandy does the finances.

12. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't think I associate a specific song with a year.

13. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier because we don't have to carry around a diaper bag
b) fatter despite my attempts
c) richer in some areas, poorer in others

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising, eating better, and spending more time with my kids doing things they'll remember.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting time

16. What books did you read?
Non-Fiction this year: ARRL Book for Technicians License then ARRL Book for General License

17. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Every day all over again with my wife.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
Either Heros or Smallville

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pandora.com

20. Who are the most interesting people you met this year?
New friends made in Seaside.

21. What did you want and get?
A new camera, The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Dark Knight DVDs.

22. What did you want and not get?
Some countertop speakers for the bathroom to play music when getting ready in the morning.  

23. What was your favorite film of this year?
Easily, The Dark Knight.  Now hereafter known as the favorite film of any year.

24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 33 this past year and probably went to dinner somewhere.  Obviously it was extremely memorable.

25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I hate to keep going back to material things but having a gas grill would have made the summer more fun for grilling.  Hard to beat a nicely done steak.

26. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Sadly, probably Wal-Mart.

27. What kept you sane?
The breaks, the vacations, getting out & enjoying the world, enjoying life, and being able to look back and identify things I have accomplished.  Oh yeah, also video games and digital photography.


No comments: