Monday, May 12, 2008

Endless Activities

There's really so much to do and so little time. Many things I want to do but I try to make sure I get the things done I need to do. Things at the top of my list I need to do include family time and that's a big one that I try to make more of yet it struggles with the side of me that wants to do other things that are solo. Most if of those solo activities are centered around the computer, the internet, and online technologies. Still offline I'm trying to learn SQL (as I've mentioned before) and get back into digital video editing.

Perhaps one day I'll post the early video I did for my Dad for Father's Day a few years ago. It was just basically a slide show set to music with some nifty transitions and a few effects but it kind of depicted my Dad's life in chronological order and the pictures and music really went together well, especially the last song. If you haven't heard it (and most people haven't) click on the link above. It's by a local artist called 2NU.

There's also a part of me that hasn't entirely moved away from playing console and computer games and I haven't even played (let alone beaten) all the original Xbox games I have, nevermind thinking about a 360 even though a part of me would like to play the rest of the Halo story. I stopped playing WoW because the whole thing is just too time consuming taking away from many of the other above activities I'd like to do.

I haven't beaten Crysis yet partially because it's a resource hog and I know a better $200 video card would make it look so much better (and right now I'd like my funds to go elsewhere, like 2-way radios and other camping equipment). The game is fun but I went back to trying to finish F.E.A.R. One of the few games I haven't tried using cheats on yet. I'll play maybe once or twice a week when I need a stress reliever but generally speaking I know that a better use of my time is going to be activities that either teach me something, create memories, or helps someone. If I can get myself involved in an activity that does all of those things, then I'm doing pretty good and I feel happy about what I'm doing. So, the search continues for finding a balance and on that note, I'm off to Tai Chi.

No comments: